It’s no accident that this page tab is called “Sales Training That Rocks.” My roots in performance management go back to having been a singer-songwriter performing at NYC’s hottest clubs and venues like CBGBs, DownTime, and the C-Note, and south to Nashville’s Bluebird Cafe, one of the world’s preeminent listening rooms.
My appearances brought me to the attention of London Records when Vice-President of A&R Walt Maguire heard me performing at Malachy’s II in NYC and signed me as a songwriter. From there I spent 10-years during the height of the British Wave becoming a producer, A&R scout, and engineer. I had the opportunity to work with some very cool artists, including The Moody Blues, The Rolling Stones, Al Green, Van Morrison, David Bowie, Genesis, John Mayall with Eric Clapton, John Miles, ZZ Top, 10cc, and many others. I had the thrill of producing legendary jazz pianist Erroll Garner, Texas band Greezy Wheels of Austin Music Hall of Fame notoriety, and chart topping singer songwriter Leslie Pearl.
My studio years at London Records working with solo artists and groups were the foundation of bringing out the best in performers while satisfying the 4th largest recording industry giant’s need for continuous commercial success. What I learned and mastered in the studio about focused practice, continuous learning, honing your craft, knowing your audience, and persevering in spite of obstacles I creatively translated into the corporate world where as a senior executive I:
- Led MCI Telecommunication’s regional mega sales centers in NY, TX, AZ, CO and IA growing MCI into the 2nd long-distance provider in the U.S.
- Drove a 55% upgrade penetration increase, 18% revenue lift, and broke all PPV records for Cablevision of Connecticut negating SNET’s attempted entry into the cable TV market.
- Navigated DSL.net to exceed its monthly and quarterly sales targets consistently across a 3-year period.
- Increased net revenues 38% in less than 9-months for Grand Circle Travel, a global enterprise committed to changing people’s lives by offering high-impact travel experiences.
- Led two professional UHL sports teams, one owned by ESPN Sports Center anchor Steve Levy and former NHL coach Barry Melrose, to profitability in a single season and directed the first sports event to sell-out the Richmond Coliseum by producing “Battle of the Bands Over Ice” securing major sponsors including VH-1 Save the Music, Harley-Davidson, and Sam Ash Music.
Along the way I followed multiple dreams:
- Finished school at night earning my Masters in Psychology/Statistics and a PhD in Marketing.
- Conceived, sold, produced, and hosted the DINERS TV show for Connecticut Public Television (CPTV).
- Started own indie record label.
- Became a news-talk radio show host for WSTC + WNLK on the Cox radio network.
- Motorcycled across Egypt.
- Profiled on ESPN2’s “Extreme Magazine” TV show for leadership + team building.
- Featured in MotoStars: Celebrities + Motorcycles with Brad Pitt, Steve McQueen, Keith Urban, Peter Fonda, Tom Arnold, will.i.am, Journey, Rush, and Foreigner.
So, if you want to turn your sales performers into sales superstars and your sales teams into revenue rock & rollers, then do as the Four Tops sang: “Reach out and I’ll be there:”
- Certified Business Coach (Expert Level)
- Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC)
- PhD Marketing, MA Psychology
- LinkedIn profile in Top 25 MA, PhD profiles in U.S.
- Top 1% LinkedIn Industry Social Selling Index
- Featured in Sharing Ideas, the leading publication for public speaking professionals
Profiled on ESPN2’s “Extreme Magazine” TV show for leadership and team building
Recognized by in its:
- “Top 50 Global Thought Leaders and Influencers on the Future of Work”
- “Top 50 Global Thought Leaders and Influencers on Entrepreneurship”