Motivation level is high on Mondays to contact recruiters at companies you’ve applied to (especially in the New Year 2023!). It’s hard to resist the temptation after the silence of the weekend but don’t give in.
Mondays are the worst day of the week to contact a prospective employer, inquire as to the status of your job application, or try and find out where the recruiter is in the hiring process.
Recruiters and hiring managers are not likely to be in the most receptive mood on Mondays, especially if they have no progress to report, must give you bad news, or simply dislike being pushed. That can all change in the span of one day when on Tuesday they’ve cleared most of their inbox, have assessed job statuses that are open, and are better organized.
Use Mondays instead to research your top target companies and identify decision makers to penetrate the hidden job market (82% of jobs!). Add skills-based job searching to traditional searching by job title to expand your potential opportunities.
Task on Monday. Talk on Tuesday.
- Professional Career Coach (CPCC)
- Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW)
- Employment Interview Professional (CEIP)
- Business Coach (Expert Level)
- Life Coach (Expert Level)Remote Work Professional
- Workplaceless® Remote Work
- Certified DISC Profile Analyst (CDPA)
- Top 25 MA & PhD profiles in the U.S.
- Top 1% LinkedIn Industry Social Selling Index (SSI)
- All-Star: highest rating for LinkedIn profile
- 4% of LinkedIn members statistically deemed a Super Connector
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator Expert
How can I help you: