The next step in the personal branding process is to determine your vision and purpose, both for you as a person as well as a professional. It requires knowing who you are and what you want
from your life. This can be the toughest part of the branding process.
Close your eyes and picture yourself a few years from now.
- What are you are doing?
- Who are you with?
- What have you accomplished?
- How does it feel to be you?
The answer doesn’t come from looking through the rear view mirror to the past but rather seeing a picture of your true self in the future. It is who you want to be, what you want to do, how you want to feel, and with whom you want to associate yourself. It’s a blend of the most important parts of your life and career. Your personal vision is the framework for creating your life.
- Write out your personal vision (it may take multiple drafts)
- What are the changes you need to make for your vision to become a reality?
- What is your plan?
- How will you commit to it.
Here are some examples of personal vision statements:
“I envision a life where where I am confident in my goals, and those around me are inspired by my dedication.”
“My vision is constantly break barriers, ceilings and show others what is truly possible.”
“To live my life so that there are no regrets when its over.”
The most important thing to understand about your personal vision statement is for you to have highly impactful, important goals. You want to be optimistic about the actions you take and be hyper focused on your results. The more detail you can add the better, such as how will you know when you’ve achieved your goals and what is your personal definition of success.
- Professional Career Coach (CPCC)
- Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW)
- Employment Interview Professional (CEIP)
- Business Coach (Expert Level)
- Life Coach (Expert Level)Remote Work Professional
- Workplaceless® Remote Work
- Certified DISC Profile Analyst (CDPA)
- Top 25 MA & PhD profiles in the U.S.
- Top 1% LinkedIn Industry Social Selling Index (SSI)
- All-Star: highest rating for LinkedIn profile
- 4% of LinkedIn members statistically deemed a Super Connector
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator Expert
How can I help you: