When it comes to applying for a job or academic program, two terms that often come up are resume and CV (curriculum vitae). While these documents share some similarities, they are not interchangeable and serve different purposes. Continue reading Resume versus CV
In today’s economic climate, many companies are struggling to maintain their profitability and stay afloat. Unfortunately, this often means that they must resort to layoffs in order to cut costs. If you are concerned about your job security, it is important to be aware of the signs that a layoff is imminent. Here are some of the most common indicators that your company may be considering a layoff. Continue reading The Signs of a Possible Layoff
For many job seekers, Monday can be a dreaded day of the week. However, with the right mindset and approach, Monday can actually be a great day for job searching. Here are some tips on how to make Monday a great job search day: Continue reading Monday, Monday: A Great Day to Jumpstart Your Job Search
Searching for a new job can be a challenging and often demotivating process, especially if you have been looking for a while. It can be easy to get discouraged and lose motivation, but staying motivated is crucial to finding the right job. Here are the ten best ways to stay motivated during a job search. Continue reading How To Stay Motivated When You’re Job Searching
Perpetual forward motion refers to the idea of continuously moving forward, without ever stopping or slowing down. While it may seem like an exhausting concept, there are several compelling reasons why perpetual forward motion could be a desirable state: Continue reading The Case for Being in Perpetual Forward Motion
Most career coaching clients come to me after flooding the job boards with resumes and coming up empty handed. What they don’t realize is that having a laser focus on what you want your next career step to be comes before doing your resume, updating your LinkedIn Profile, and applying to hundreds of postings on job boards. It’s not their fault. No one has shown them a career roadmap. Until now. Continue reading Have a Career Roadmap: Don’t Just Go Along for the Ride
Maintain a unique consistent brand image and voice across all social media profiles
Choose the best social media platforms for your target customer and identify the best times to post.
Integrate all your social media profiles and maintain a consistent presence and voice so you are easy to follow on all your social media accounts.
Study influencers and take their lead in your area of expertise. Take the time to analyze their posting habits, social networks, and content to see what you could improve upon. Study how their followers respond to their content and learn best practices from their self-branding techniques. Take what you observe and test it on your own social media networks.
Design a lucrative content and social media posting schedule.
Make engaging and uplifting posts part of your personal branding strategy.
Get active on social media groups and forums.
Audit yourself online. Google yourself. Start listening in on what people are saying about you.
Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media
● Use different accounts or profiles for your professional and personal communications.
● Build a reputation for honesty.
● Be respectful and nice.
● Don’t react too quickly.
● Always spell check.
● Use hashtags strategically.
● Don’t spam your followers’ feeds.
● Don’t follow people just for numbers.
● Consider your tone: bragging and complaining never go over well.
● Don’t post anything you would not want your coworkers or potential employer or client to see.
● Treat people how you would want to be treated and show respect to others: there is always a person on the other side of the screen.
● Don’t abuse your network; you don’t have to post everything you do all of the time: some things should be left private.
- Professional Career Coach (CPCC)
- Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW)
- Employment Interview Professional (CEIP)
- Business Coach (Expert Level)
- Life Coach (Expert Level)Remote Work Professional
- Workplaceless® Remote Work
- Certified DISC Profile Analyst (CDPA)
- Top 25 MA & PhD profiles in the U.S.
- Top 1% LinkedIn Industry Social Selling Index (SSI)
- All-Star: highest rating for LinkedIn profile
- 4% of LinkedIn members statistically deemed a Super Connector
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator Expert
How can I help you: