I often get asked by new clients, “How is the job market?” My response begins with, “Which one of the three?” Knowing the differences is key to your job search. Continue reading There’s not 1 but 3 Job Markets
Maintain a unique consistent brand image and voice across all social media profiles
Choose the best social media platforms for your target customer and identify the best times to post.
Integrate all your social media profiles and maintain a consistent presence and voice so you are easy to follow on all your social media accounts.
Study influencers and take their lead in your area of expertise. Take the time to analyze their posting habits, social networks, and content to see what you could improve upon. Study how their followers respond to their content and learn best practices from their self-branding techniques. Take what you observe and test it on your own social media networks.
Design a lucrative content and social media posting schedule.
Make engaging and uplifting posts part of your personal branding strategy.
Get active on social media groups and forums.
Audit yourself online. Google yourself. Start listening in on what people are saying about you.
Basic Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media
● Use different accounts or profiles for your professional and personal communications.
● Build a reputation for honesty.
● Be respectful and nice.
● Don’t react too quickly.
● Always spell check.
● Use hashtags strategically.
● Don’t spam your followers’ feeds.
● Don’t follow people just for numbers.
● Consider your tone: bragging and complaining never go over well.
● Don’t post anything you would not want your coworkers or potential employer or client to see.
● Treat people how you would want to be treated and show respect to others: there is always a person on the other side of the screen.
● Don’t abuse your network; you don’t have to post everything you do all of the time: some things should be left private.
- Professional Career Coach (CPCC)
- Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW)
- Employment Interview Professional (CEIP)
- Business Coach (Expert Level)
- Life Coach (Expert Level)Remote Work Professional
- Workplaceless® Remote Work
- Certified DISC Profile Analyst (CDPA)
- Top 25 MA & PhD profiles in the U.S.
- Top 1% LinkedIn Industry Social Selling Index (SSI)
- All-Star: highest rating for LinkedIn profile
- 4% of LinkedIn members statistically deemed a Super Connector
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator Expert
How can I help you:
Describe yourself in three words. List the three words that best reflect your personal brand. The work involved in defining your personal brand will benefit you immeasurably no matter what stage of career you are in. Your personal brand will help you to better communicate your unique value to target employers. Continue reading CREATING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND ON SOCIAL MEDIA: STEP 9
Know your competition. As a job candidate. As a business person. As a thought leader. Continue reading CREATING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND ON SOCIAL MEDIA: STEP 8
Having a realistic understanding of your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats is crucial to developing and communicating your personal brand on social media. The best way to understand your uniqueness in these areas is to conduct a SWOT analysis. Continue reading CREATING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND ON SOCIAL MEDIA: STEP 7
Your personal brand attributes are the words you would use to describe your personality or the value that you offer to your clients, colleagues, company, and the business world. Those closest to you who know you best can provide key information about your character. Ask your friends, family and coworkers to describe your personality in 4 to 5 adjectives that best describe the value you offer. Write them down. Continue reading CREATING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND ON SOCIAL MEDIA: STEP 6
Your goals are specific objectives that you would like to achieve. Determine what your goals are for the next year, the next 5 years, and the next 10 years. Write them down. Be specific and quantify them wherever it’s possible. Continue reading CREATING YOUR PERSONAL BRAND ON SOCIAL MEDIA: STEP 5