Having a realistic understanding of your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats is crucial to developing and communicating your personal brand on social media. The best way to understand your uniqueness in these areas is to conduct a SWOT analysis.Your SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) analysis is an invaluable personal branding exercise in preparing for your career growth. Here are questions to ask yourself:
- What do you excel at?
- What are you the “go to” person for?
- What strengths would you describe yourself as having (for example: collaborating, leading, delegating, empowering others, crunching numbers, anticipating risk, mentoring, selling, innovating, managing conflict, writing, listening, or communicating)?
- What could you improve upon?
- What areas do you not excel in?
- What areas should you avoid?
- Be aware of your weaknesses so that you do not move into a position that will exploit them.
- What are positive opportunities that face you?
- What are the interesting trends you are aware of in the industry?
- Are the required specifications or skill sets needed for your job changing?
- Is changing technology threatening your position?
- Think about your weaknesses. Do any of them cause a threat?
- Professional Career Coach (CPCC)
- Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW)
- Employment Interview Professional (CEIP)
- Business Coach (Expert Level)
- Life Coach (Expert Level)Remote Work Professional
- Workplaceless® Remote Work
- Certified DISC Profile Analyst (CDPA)
- Scrum Master Accredited Certification
- Top 25 MA & PhD profiles in the U.S.
- Top 1% LinkedIn Industry Social Selling Index (SSI)
- All-Star: highest rating for LinkedIn profile
- 4% of LinkedIn members statistically deemed a Super Connector
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator Expert
How can I help you: